Friday, July 16, 2010

typhoons, flu, and exams

Well, this week has turned out to be a bit of a low key week. It began last Saturday night which me getting intestinal flu while on vacation in Puerto Galera. It's never fun to be sick, but it's even less fun when who have to be sick while riding on a boat across the sea two days before a typhoon. Luckily, good blessed me with awesome teammates who took good care of my on our journey home. He also blessed us with Ate Olive who was willing to take me, Levi and Chelsea (who where sick by Monday) to the doctors office to get medicine. Luckily, we are all well now!

The second thing we had to survive this week was the typhoon. Now the typhoon was a level 2 typhoon and didn't really bother us too much. The church flooded, but that was fairly easy to clean up and the basketball goal fell over but other than that and an uncomfortable night of wind and rain we were fine. School was canceled on Wednesday because of the weather and Ate Nennette and Ate Olive took us to Festival Mall. On the way we did see a lot of flooded streets covered with mud and rice paddies ruined by too much rain. We are lucky that we have strong concrete buildings. I fear that some people were not as lucky as us.

On Thursday and Friday we had the monthly tests at Open Door Christian Academy. I was really worried about my 2nd grade class for this test because I was sick and was not able to review with them before the test. I am praying that they studied on their own for this test! Most of the older girls told me that they think they did well on their exams.

I wish I had a more spiritual update to share with you all, but it has been a slow week I guess you could say. Through it all we can still feel God near and we are beginning to really see all that he is doing here and in our lives. In two weeks we will be back in the United States. We don't want to leave the kids but have faith that God can take care of them whether we are here or not. Please pray for us for the next two weeks as we are preparing to say goodbye. We going to be very busy spreading as much God across this city as we can!

That's all I have for now. Keep us in your prayers!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment