Friday, May 21, 2010

The details!

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to take a minute to share some of the details of the trip with you!

Here they are:

Location: San Pablo City, Philippines.
Island: Luzon
Area (like a state): Laguna

San Pablo City is often known as the city of seven lakes, because of the many lakes in the area.

The Philippines is composed of over 7,000 islands.

It is located in Asia, to the right of Vietnam, above Indonesia, and kind of below Japan.

I will be staying at Open Door Baptist Church.

Open Door Baptist Church operates Open Door Orphanage, Open Door Christian Academy, Street Children, and Feed the Hungry ministries. I will hopefully be a part of all of these ministries.

The orphanage website where you can see where I am staying

I will live and eat with the children in the Orphanage everyday.

Every day I will be working in the school. Every evening I will be working in the Orphanage.

Monday is my day off so look for updates on Mondays!

There are about 40 orphans in the home right now and one completely blind woman.

Nehemiah teams is sponsoring and coordinating this trip.

The Philippines are 13 hours ahead of our time.

Right now it's 1pm EST and 2am in the Philippines.

In the Philippines it is the rainy season and often very hot and humid.

They eat lots of rice, fruit and seafood.

There will be four other college aged missionaries with me: Grace Ramos, Chelsea Neal, Brea Jones, and Levi Weeks.

And my schedule for the trip:

June 3rd: Training begins in Rainsville, Alabama.
June 8rd: The whole team flies together to Manila, Philippines.
June 10th: We arrive in the Philippines.
July 30th: We leave the Philippines and arrive back in Alabama for debrief.
August 3rd at 3:40: I arrive home in Cincinnati

That's all I can think of right now, but if you have any questions let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment