Monday, May 24, 2010

One last week


Hi there! It's 11pm and most of us are ready to jump into bed after a long Monday. But, for the children of the Open Door Orphanage it's 12 pm on Tuesday and they are already half way through their school day.


I hope all of you are having a happy Monday! I am. I spent my day with my cousin Kate, one of my favorite 2 yr. olds. As I cared for her all day I couldn't help but think of the kids that I will be meeting and caring for in just over two weeks! I cannot wait to meet them and see what God has planned for this summer.


I have quite a big praise today as well: I have almost all the funds I need for my trip! With the money I have now and a scholarship thank I will hopefully be getting this week I will have enough to pay for my trip. Thank you God! You are great! And thank you to all the friends and family who helped me out! I love you and couldn't have done it without you.


This is my last full week in the states for awhile. Tomorrow I am heading to the grocery store to get what I need for my trip, food, a pair of shoes, hand wash and all. It is hard to believe that I am so close to going that I am doing my last minute shopping. I got my suitcase out Saturday and have officially begun packing! In addition to stuff for the trip I get to see my little sister's gymnastics routine tomorrow and say goodbye to some friends I am really going to miss.


On Wednesday I am sharing where I am going with the kids at church. It will be my last sunday with those kids. Say a prayer that it will go well!


The last thing I have to share is a prayer request: That I will be able to handle the extreme heat. It got to about 85 degrees today and I was thinking it was pretty hot. However in the Philippines it is often much closer to 95 or 100 degrees. Just about everything about the Philippines is going to be different from my life here, but the heat is one thing I am dreading already.
I'll talk to you later,
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Praying for a safe trip and your adjustment period with the hot weather. You will be fine but it may be tough. One of my favorite scriptures says something like this, When you do it for the least of these you have done it for Me. You are doing this for Jesus. I loved your book. I wanted it to last so I read one devotional a day so I have one more. God has blessed you with talent and insight. You will do fine.
    Love, Norma

    ReplyDelete